Tapforms Mac will not restore backup

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Shrimpfarmer
    Participant

Hi

Tapforms on my Imac stopped displaying my database list correctly.

I tried to install a backup file but it fails to load. The backup file is ok as I have successfully used it to restore to a different Imac and 2 Iphones.

I followed your guide to restore Tapforms on the Mac to its fresh install status, i.e. using terminal command and deleting the folder com.tapforms.mac in the library. Unfortunately the backup will still not install.

I then dragged the tapforms app from the application folder to the bin, repeated the clean process and then downloaded a fresh install of the app.

Opened the app but the backup will still not install. Any ideas on what to try next.

Thanks

Ken

October 23, 2013 at 12:56 PM #7010

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ken,

Are you talking about the multi-column list view? There’s a bug in Mavericks which caused the list view to not display. I’ve worked around it for the next update.

What do you mean by the backup won’t install? Do you get a crash or an error or something else? I’ve found sometimes after doing a restore that if you click on the All Forms button and then back to the My Forms button that it will refresh the display after a restore.

Thanks!

Brendan

October 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM #7013

Shrimpfarmer
    Participant

Hi Brendan

Thanks for your reply.

This is an issue with Tapforms using Lion, although I am updating to Mavericks this evening.

None of my records were displaying at all. When I perform a restore it loads the file briefly, the app flickers and then nothing. Its as though it gives up half way through the file and still none of the records display.

I will try again once Mavericks has installed. I will also try a different backup file even though the one I am trying to use does install on other Macs without a problem.

Thanks

Ken

October 23, 2013 at 4:13 PM #7014

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ken,

Please let me know if the restore works better on Mavericks. Since Mavericks is free now, I’m considering dropping support for Lion. It’s becoming a challenge to test and keep compatibility on an OS that’s two versions old now.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 25, 2013 at 2:54 AM #7020

Shrimpfarmer
    Participant

Hi Brendan

Its working again this morning. When I first tried it the problem was still there and then I remembered it was an encrypted file so I messed with the encryption settings in the new install and hey presto its back to normal.

Sorry for troubling you and thanks for a great utility.

Ken

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.