TapForms for iPhone update

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Rob
    Participant

I’ve been using TapForms for about two weeks now and really like it. Just to check it out, I downloaded Bento 3 for Mac and the iPhone app, so far I really like that too.

I would prefer to use TapForms because I want to support Brendan and his efforts in developing what is already a fantastic app.

I see lots of forum entries by Brendan indicating that he has already added features, etc. that will be available in the next update. Before I get too far deep in developing a database using Bento, I’d like to know if a forthcoming update of TapForms will have the ability to use many-to-many relationships and how long it might be for that update to be released? I know that Brendan is spending a lot of time developing the iPad version, but I want to know if us iPhone users are being shelved indefinitely.

November 15, 2010 at 9:59 PM #4261

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your feedback. I am absolutely not shelving iPhone users indefinitely. In fact, every new feature I add to the iPad version will most likely also be available on the iPhone version too. I will also eventually have simultaneous releases of all 3 versions (iPhone full, iPhone Lite, and Tap Forms HD). The only main differences between the version for the iPhone and iPad will be in how they work and behave, not what features one has over the other.

In fact, this weekend I was working mostly on the iPhone version making sure that the changes I’ve made to accommodate the iPad version didn’t affect things on the iPhone version.

A few things coming in the iPhone version which I’ve been working on:

1. Import of Date/Time and Time.

2. Specify custom time import and export format.

2. Aggregate form-level calculation (e.g. total/average/minimum/maximum of a specific number field) displayed on the list view

4. Database maintenance screen in Tools (to perform vacuum, analyze, index rebuilding, etc.)

5. Bug fixes

and others I’m sure that I can’t remember at the moment.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 15, 2010 at 10:00 PM #4262

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh, but to answer your question about the many-to-many relationships… I see that Bento just added that to their app, so I’m taking a look at their implementation and may model mine after that. I’m not sure just yet. But anyway, it’s definitely something I will do and it’s high on the list. I just wanted to get Tap Forms HD out before I worked on other stuff.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 16, 2010 at 12:08 AM #4263

Rob
    Participant

Brendan,

Thanks for your quick responses. Your awesome customer response time is another great feature of TapForms. I appreciate your posts and the information they provide. Keep up the good work and I’ll standby for future releases.

November 16, 2010 at 12:13 AM #4264

Brendan
    Keymaster

Thanks Rob,

Another couple of new features in the next update are an auto-increment function for the Number field type plus setting the current date, date/time, or time for like fields.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 16, 2010 at 7:48 AM #4265

jfhermans
    Participant

Brendan,

Something new in csv import ?

Thanks,

JF

November 16, 2010 at 8:40 AM #4266

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello JF,

I’ve added importing of times and date/time columns for the next update.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 16, 2010 at 3:50 PM #4267

jfhermans
    Participant

And for import of link_from_field_id & link_from_form_entry_id, what’s your opinion ? Should it be possible (cf post ‘Working with Linked Forms’) ?

Regards.

JF

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.