Tapforms 5 not sync'ing since last update

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Tapforms 5 not sync'ing since last update

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

rleathen
    Participant

I am running the most recent version of TapForms 5 on my iPhones (mine and my wife’s) as well as on my iMac and using cloudant for the sync services. Since the most recent update of the iMac version (updated on Nov 14 to version 5.2.3) I have not been able to successfully sync any changes whether they were made on the iPhone or on the iMac.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. I do not use icloud for syncing (please don’t suggest that) because it would require sharing my icloud account with my wife which causes tons of other problems with other things like imessage, facetime as well as syncing of calendaers etc.) not to mention all of the other previous icloud syncing problems over the previous versions of tapforms.

November 18, 2017 at 10:45 AM #25968

rleathen
    Participant

I believe I discovered the problem. With the most recent IOS version of the TapForms 5 app the sync method was changed/defaulted to icloud ?????? I can only summize that the most recent version by default uses icloud for syncing and the updating of the app caused this setting to default since the setting was normally to use cloudant !!

Is this what actually happened. If not can somebody please explain to me how my sync setting got changed from cloundant to icloud without me actually changing the setting ?

Rob

November 18, 2017 at 1:24 PM #25977

Brendan
    Keymaster

It might not have been changed to iCloud. Did you see the “Disable iCloud Sync” button be enabled? Or did it just select iCloud in the list of cloud services?

The selection of the list of cloud services there does not determine which cloud service is being used. It’s whether or not the sync is enabled for a specific cloud service. So if the Cloudant screen shows the “Sign-Out” button then you know Cloudant is enabled. If the iCloud screen says “Disable iCloud Sync” in the button, then you know iCloud is enabled.

If the button does say “Disable iCloud Sync”, please click on it to turn that off, then go back to the Cloudant screen and click the Sign-In button there.

November 18, 2017 at 1:32 PM #25979

rleathen
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response Brenden. Yes the button did say Disable iCloud Sync. I did click on it to disable it and then resigned in to cloudant. My question is how did iCloud sync get enabled when I have always been using cloudant since the first few days you made it available in the app? The only thing that has changed was an update to the ios app.

Rob

November 19, 2017 at 7:00 PM #25993

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ya, that’s very odd. I don’t know how that happened.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.