Tapforms 5 5.0.7 (606) – Touch ID

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

rleathen
    Participant

I have configured Touch ID to be on (Security Settings / Enable Touch ID – set to on) but am never prompted oto provide my fingerprint to access the app. As a matter of fact to actually get it enabled I had to select (Security / Change Password) and enter a password (even though the label said “New Encryption Key” ????????

Please provide some assistance. At least the legacy version of the app allowed me to set either a 4 digit code or my fingerprint to gain access to the app.

November 16, 2016 at 9:24 AM #20389

rleathen
    Participant

Solution was discovered. I was not enabling Touch ID in the correct spot. I was enabling it under Security Settings (which appears to be used once a database file is opened and used for encryption related functions). I backed out to the DOCUMENTS page where my database file was displayed and then selected the little pad lock at the bottom right of the screen. This allowed me to enter a 4 digit passcode as well as enable Touch ID for I am presuming that specific database.

November 16, 2016 at 11:16 AM #20396

Brendan
    Keymaster

There’s Touch ID in 2 places in Tap Forms 5. The first is for the application itself. That’s set from the little lock icon on the main Documents view.

The second is when opening up an individual document. For Touch ID to work in that scenario, go to the Settings screen, set the document password (which is actually the encryption key), then tap on Encrypt Database. If you don’t encrypt the database, you won’t be prompted to enter your password and Touch ID will have no effect.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.