Tap Forms slow and not responding

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

KenMac
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

When I start Mac Tap Forms, it takes 105 seconds to start and about the same to sync, and to quit. During those 100+ seconds, “Activity Monitor” shows:
    “Tap Forms (Not Responding)”
    and it is using 100% of CPU time. I often get a Console “System Diagnosis Report” saying Tap Forms had a “.cpu_resource.spin”.

I have a 2014 27″ iMac with an i7 processor, running OSX 10.9.3 and all my software is current.

I never had this slow response with Mac Tap Forms v2.1.1, but I did with v2.2, v2.2.1 and now with v2.2.2. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

May 28, 2014 at 8:57 PM #10287

Frank Tikket
    Participant

There was something noted earlier about performing the standard maintenance buttons (1-4, form vacuum all the way down to re-build search engine)

If you are syncing with IOS devices, it was mentioned in an earlier post that a certain formatting in the IOS was not matched up to the mac causing the difference to return slow search results.

Perform the 4 maintenance clicks and it should speed things up.

May 28, 2014 at 11:10 PM #10288

Brendan
    Keymaster

Switch to multi-column list view mode for the Mac version.

I’m working on a fix for the performance problem for single-column list view mode.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 29, 2014 at 1:40 PM #10301

KenMac
    Participant

Thanks Frank! I’ve already tried the 4 maintenance clicks. I thought they were only for the performance of TP on IOS, but I’m probably wrong. My TP on Mac is slow and “Not Responding” even when I’m not syncing to iCloud and TP is not installed on my iPad.

Thanks Brendan, I switched to multi-column but it still takes about 105 seconds to start and to sync, but about half to quit/backup. I do have almost 1300 records with about 70 fields in each, so that could take time, but it never did on v2.1.1.

Thanks!

-Ken

May 29, 2014 at 1:58 PM #10302

KenMac
    Participant

After my last two quits of TP for Mac, I got two Systems Diagnostics reports titled like: “Tap Forms_2014-05-29-135040_MYiMac.cpu_resource.spin”

If it will help I can send the report to you. I don’t want to post it here.

Let me know if you want it.

Thanks.

-Ken

June 1, 2014 at 10:30 AM #10313

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ken,

Yes, please email me the spin dumps. I am working on a performance update. It mostly has to do with dynamically calculating the height of the rows in single-column list view.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.