'Tap Forms Quit Unexpectedly' – OSX Yosemite

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms 'Tap Forms Quit Unexpectedly' – OSX Yosemite

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Chad Brown
    Participant

Hi there,

I am running Tap Forms Version 3.0.1 (570) and have recently upgraded to OSX Yosemite. Prior to the upgrade I had not had any issue with opening Tap Forms, however now every time I enter my encryption key to open the program, I receive a ‘Tap Forms Quit Unexpectedly’ message and the program does not launch.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? And does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Chad

November 24, 2014 at 5:53 AM #11914

Leo
    Participant

Hi,

I to had this problem, solution with me was to close all programs and reboot or do this and uninstall, reinstall Tapforms (so you must re-enter your code).

Don’t remember it was the one only or both.

November 24, 2014 at 8:37 AM #11915

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

Same problem here. Closing programs, rebooting, and repair permissions didn’t solve the problem. Unfortunately the code for reinstalling the program is stored in Tap Forms. Help is very appreciated, thanks in advance!

November 24, 2014 at 6:23 PM #11921

Chad Brown
    Participant

Hi Leo,

When you say that I’ll have to re-enter my ‘code’, which code do you mean exactly? In this a separate code to the passcode or the encryption key? And, can you tell me where I might be able to find it? I still have access to my Tap Forms database on my iPhone and another MacBook, just not on the one that I’ve updated the operating system on…

Thanks in advance,

Chad

November 25, 2014 at 2:46 AM #11929

Brendan
    Keymaster

There is a bug in Tap Forms right now that was discovered after 3.0.1 was released which will cause a crash after entering your encryption key if Tap Forms was left without a form selected before quitting the app.

The workaround until I get the next update out is to make sure you have a form selected before you exit.

To get a form selected now since it’s crashing on you, please enter the following command into the Terminal application:

defaults write com.tapforms.mac "selected-outline-form-id" "-favourites-"

Sorry for the bug.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 25, 2014 at 5:20 AM #11942

Chad Brown
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for getting back to me. Regarding the terminal command, I have tried copying and pasting exactly what you wrote above into Terminal (including all spaces and quotation marks), then pressing Enter, and then trying to reopen Tap Forms, however I am still getting the same result: ‘Tap Forms Quit Unexpectedly’.

I have also tried opening Tap Forms first, then entering the Terminal command BEFORE I enter my encryption key, but that hasn’t worked either.

Do I need to do this in a different order or add any other steps? Your quick replies are much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chad

November 25, 2014 at 11:13 AM #11953

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Brendan

Thank You for the quick response. In order to give You useful feedback I can tell You that I did exactly the same like Chad Brown; unhappily with the exact same result.

Thomas

November 25, 2014 at 6:16 PM #11965

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hmm… that’s puzzling. I know this exact same thing has helped a couple other customers out.

Can you each send me a crash log so I can see if it’s the same issue you’re both having?

I’ve fixed it in 3.0.2 already as far as I know through testing.

But if any of you would like to beta test 3.0.2 to be sure, please email me your hardware UUID for your Mac and I’ll set you up.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 27, 2014 at 4:01 PM #11994

Chad Brown
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Where would you like me to send you the crash report? I can’t seem to find any contact details for you…

Also, I assume by ‘Crash Report’ you mean the one that can be sent to Apple when a program quits unexpectedly, right? Will just copying and pasting this into an e-mail be fine?

I’ll also pop my hardware UUID in the message so that you can set me up on 3.0.2.

Cheers,

Chad

November 28, 2014 at 1:45 PM #12013

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Chad,

One other thing you could try with the defaults command is this:

defaults delete com.tapforms.mac display-all-forms

I realized that the last version of Tap Forms also remembers the setting of the All Forms vs. My Forms listing. This command will clear that setting. Because the other defaults command sets the last selected form to be the Favourites form. But if All Forms was the last thing showing, then it wouldn’t be visible anyway.

My contact information is on the Support page on my website here. You can send your hardware UUID to support@tapforms.com

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.