Tap Forms on M1 MacBook Air

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Kelvin Williams
    Participant

I’ve used Tap Forms for years on my iPhone, iPad Pro and 2013 MacBook Air, all installed from the various App Stores. Today I got a new M1 MacBook Air and installed Tap Forms from the Mac App Store, and opened my Database. Soon after doing this I noticed data was disappearing from different forms in the database. This then synced to the other devices. As I had a backup from last night I restored that to the M1 as I was updating that first but data first appeared and then disappeared again. So I uninstalled from the M1 and restored on the other devices and the data appeared again and did not disappear, even on the old MacBook Air (which has Big Sur installed). So the problem appears when using Tap Forms on the M1 MBA. Anyone have an idea what is going on?

April 17, 2021 at 1:55 PM #44189

Kelvin Williams
    Participant

More info. After dropping Tap Forms from the M1, I still kept having data removed from the other devices. So I stopped iCloud Sync on them all, and restored the same backup on them all, then re-enabled iCloud Sync and it seems ok. So I again installed on the M1, again dropping iCloud Sync and restoring the backup, then re-enabling sync again. Currently it seems ok on all devices. Something with installing to the M1 with iCloud Sync enabled started this problem but currently seems ok.

April 17, 2021 at 6:53 PM #44192

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

I don’t see how the M1 specifically would cause this. Tap Forms right now runs under the Rosetta 2 translation engine when running on an M1, but otherwise operates the same as on an Intel Mac.

I’m glad that you got it stabilized though.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.