TAP FORMS in a loop when trying to use it off line.

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms TAP FORMS in a loop when trying to use it off line.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

jaghio
    Participant

When I use TAP FORMS in my devices when a Internet is available there is any problem, it runs smoothly, but when I tried to use in locations without any connection, the programs enters in a infinite loop trying to sync and advising that there is an error.

I need it to use the databases in a off line mode and returning home or other site with connection procede to sync.

Is there any solution?

Thanking you in advance.

June 21, 2014 at 6:20 PM #10444

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jaghio,

Can you try disabling Cellular access for Tap Forms and see if that helps? I’ve tested it out in Airplane mode which implies no Internet connection and I’m not seeing that error. I’ll see what happens when I’m out of a service area.

Thanks,

Brendan

June 23, 2014 at 8:55 AM #10461

jaghio
    Participant

It´s curious, in my iphone in plane mode there isn´t any problem, I open the program and it begins the sync, messaging sync finished and I can work.

But in my Ipad Mini and in my Ipad, both only wifi capable trying to use the program off line it begins in the sync loop, with the sync error message and doesn’t let me work with it.

Thanks for your attentions.

June 23, 2014 at 10:37 PM #10466

Brendan
    Keymaster

So it’s stuck even when you’re in Airplane mode on your iPads? Do you have the latest 3.8.3 updates? I did add some code in the latest update to prevent syncing when there’s no Internet connection.

Thanks,

Brendan

June 24, 2014 at 12:58 PM #10467

Chris Webster
    Participant

If you turn off TapForms in your system iCloud>Documents and Data settings then it doesn’t sync and the loop is foiled.

June 24, 2014 at 3:51 PM #10469

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Ok, I’ve added some more code to turn off receiving iCloud notifications completely when there’s no Internet connection. I’ll get that out in the next update.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.