Tap Forms HD Observation

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve noticed that when changing the contents of a field used for grouping or sorting on a record, that the list view displayed when holding the ipad in landscape mode is not updated until you move back to the forms list and then tap on the form to open it once again. I wasn’t sure if this was intended to work this way or not, but on the iPhone / iPod Touch version, the record list view is updated right away. I can see a case being made that updating shouldn’t occur immediately but wanted to see what Brendan thought.

Thank you, Brendan, for the Great V2.0.2 features!

Bruce

February 24, 2011 at 3:39 AM #4463

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Bruce,

The reason it works on the iPhone is because the iPhone screen loads its data when the screen is displayed. Since the list view on the iPad version is displayed all the time, I would need to issue a notification to tell the list view to update when a value on the detail screen changes. This is certainly possible, but I just didn’t implement that. I’ll add it to the next release. Or perhaps I might add a refresh button which will do it so that all the edits that you make on the right won’t be constantly causing the left side to update.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 24, 2011 at 3:26 PM #4466

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Brendan,

I think I’d vote for a refresh button. Your point of “constantly updating” is a good one.

Regards,

Bruce

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.