Tap Forms for Mac 3.0 glacial in operation

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Tap Forms for Mac 3.0 glacial in operation

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

John Bird
    Participant

Just updated via App Store to 3.0 (561). From a responsive app with instant display of records, forms etc when clicked, I now have an app that is glacial. Clicking on forms or saved searches results in a spinning beachball and several seconds wait before anything is displayed. Scrolling through a list of 500 records takes an age and sometimes refuses to work, the beachball also popping up frequently. In addition, when adding a new record, for inexplicable reasons, my sort order gets reversed. Something is seriously wrong with this version. When can we have a fix?

October 24, 2014 at 8:41 PM #11344

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi John,

I’m working on it now. Sorry for the sluggish behaviour. I’m actually also working on a much more responsive version for a future upgrade. But it will take a rewrite of the database structure to make it work. I’m making good progress on it though because I’ve tested a form with 30,000 records in it that used to take about 18-24 seconds to load. Now it takes 3-4 seconds.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 24, 2014 at 8:42 PM #11345

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh, but in the mean time, I’m going to do a little tweaking to try to make it go faster. I recently added some extra caching to make scrolling the single-column list view quicker, but it appears to have caused too much of a delay in fetching the initial set of records. I’ll be releasing a 3.0.1 update soon.

October 25, 2014 at 2:18 AM #11348

John Bird
    Participant

Thanks for the update, Brendan. Looking forward to the new version.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.