"tap forms" does not appear in keychain app

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms "tap forms" does not appear in keychain app

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Peter Willems
    Participant

hi,
    I cannot open my tap forms anymore, “encryption key required” (however, i can’t remember ever setting the encryption key)
    I read in the forum that i can recover the key using the keychain app on my mac, but tap forms is not it (??)
    do you have other suggestions how i can recover my database ?

thx
    Peter

July 4, 2016 at 2:12 AM #17632

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

One other unfortunately case that can cause this if you had never set an encryption key is that the database file has become corrupted somehow.

Do you have a recent backup file you can restore to?

Or do you have Time Machine installed and running? If so, then it’s easy to recover the database file to a previous version.

Tap Forms stores its database file in the following folder:

~/Library/Containers/com.tapforms.mac/Data/Documents

The database file is called TapForms_db.sqlite. You’ll want to navigate to the above folder, then click on the TapForms_db.sqlite file and then use the Enter Time Machine command from the menu bar. Then scroll back through time and restore a previous version of the file.

Make sure Tap Forms is not running at the time you do this. Then re-launch Tap Forms and hopefully you’ll be able to get in. If not, go back a little further in time.

I’m very sorry this happened.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.