Tap Forms Crashes After iOS Update

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Rod Jones
    Participant

I updated my iPhone to iOS 7.0.3 and now selecting a form (any form) in Tap Forms crashes the app.
    I’ve tried re-booting the phone, but no luck there. I hadn’t updated to version 3.5.4 of Tap Forms before I updated the OS. Since updating the OS I’ve updated Tap Forms but the problem persists. Any ideas?

November 2, 2013 at 6:58 AM #7290

grush
    Participant

Hello, After updating to the new iOS, TapForms opens, but contains no data. I can’t get to any data entered prior to the new OS.

November 2, 2013 at 10:00 PM #7307

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Rod,

When you say selecting a form crashes the app, do you mean tapping on a section heading when viewing a record? Because I fixed that bug and it’s currently in review at Apple. I am unaware of a bug which crashes the app just by tapping on a form.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM #7308

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Grush,

When this sort of thing happens after an iOS update, it’s normally because the device was setup as a new device instead of restored from a backup. Is that possibly what happened? You could try restoring from a backup if you have one. You could also try looking in an older backup using the excellent iExplorer tool from MacroPlant. You can download a demo copy from http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer

I have no affiliation with that company other than I like the app and it’s very useful for extracting files from iTunes backups. The file you’re looking for is TapForms_db.sqlite.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 3, 2013 at 1:44 AM #7319

Rod Jones
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    Thanks for replying. It’s not a problem with a section heading.
    When I open the app the form list is displayed. I select one of the forms. The form opens, but with no records displayed. The activity indicator spinner appears for about a second then the app closes.
    Hope that helps,
    Rod

November 3, 2013 at 5:02 PM #7351

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Rod,

Hmm… Does it do this on all your forms or only on specific ones?

I would suggest trying the Vacuum Database command to compact your database.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 3, 2013 at 5:03 PM #7352

Brendan
    Keymaster

If you wanted to send me a backup of your database I could examine it to see what might be causing this issue.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 4, 2013 at 2:57 PM #7373

Rod Jones
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    I decided to solve the problem with brute force: re-installed the app and restored the databases from a back-up. Fortunately, it worked.
    Thanks for your time.
    Rod

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.