Tap forms crash on export, email & backup file failure

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Tap forms crash on export, email & backup file failure

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Ninjakid
    Participant

I’ve been trying to export one of my forms as a .csv
    If I select the arrow icon and export records, the form pauses, asking me to please wait, then the app crashes
    If I select the same arrow and choose to email records, the .csv file attached to the email is either incomplete (2-7 out of 110 records) or contains only 2 records duplicated
    Or, if use the iTunes file share functionality via a backup file, the result is the same as the email problem.
    Any suggestions please?

November 12, 2012 at 6:29 PM #5531

Brendan
    Keymaster

Could you please email me your TapForms_db.sqlite file to support @ tapforms.com? I’d like to see what’s going on with this.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 18, 2012 at 6:42 PM #5549

Brendan
    Keymaster

Does this still happen with the recently released version 3.0.4?

I’ve got your database file now so I’ll be testing it shortly.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 20, 2012 at 5:56 PM #5567

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi,

I think the problem is that you have a circular dependency between your forms. That is, Form A -> Form B -> Form A. Or in your case, Abbreviations -> Abbreviations.

That’s causing Tap Forms to go into an infinite loop exporting your records because it needs to fetch all records from all linked forms.

Any chance you can break the link?

As soon as I removed the link from Abbreviates to Abbreviations, the export worked.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.