Tap Forms 5 upgrade

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Kimberley Hoffman
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    I have 3.5.19 and somehow missed the update last year. I tried the same steps that you suggested to Shy Guy, but I cannot get the .dmg to open, because the original is installed. The Appstore shows me the full price for the update. How can I work around this? Do I have to overwrite my original Tap Forms?
    Best regards

June 20, 2017 at 11:14 AM #23544

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kimberly,

I’ve split your question out to a separate topic to keep it separate from the Tap Forms 5 announcement topic.

Nothing should be preventing the .dmg file from opening.

This post should help you get it working though:

FAQ about the Tap Forms 5 Upgrade

Perhaps try rebooting, then double-click on the Tap Forms 3.5.19 Install .dmg file. Drag it to the Applications folder. Then launch it. You should get a free license for that since you already have the Mac App Store version installed.

After it’s activated, quit and launch it again. Then launch the Tap Forms 5 Mac free trial version. You should get the 50% discount then.

June 20, 2017 at 1:11 PM #23545

Kimberley Hoffman
    Participant

Thanks. I’ll try it again.
    Regards,
    Kimberley

June 20, 2017 at 1:23 PM #23546

Kimberley Hoffman
    Participant

I’m sorry, do you mean I have to add my license from the Tap Forms that I already have, or the one that came into my Mailbox?

Regards,
    Kimberley

June 21, 2017 at 9:30 AM #23550

Brendan
    Keymaster

I see you registered the direct download version of 3.5.19. But you haven’t done the Tap Forms 5 update yet. So try launching the “Tap Forms Mac” (3.5.19) version again, then launch the “Tap Forms 5 Mac” direct download version” again. You should see the 50% discount offer. Tap Forms 5 Mac is looking to see if it can find the receipt installed when you launched Tap Forms Mac 3.5.19. If it finds it and validates it, then it gives you the discount offer. You’ll get a new license key for Tap Forms Mac 5 once you’ve purchased it from within the app.

June 21, 2017 at 10:43 AM #23552

Kimberley Hoffman
    Participant

Hi Brendon,
    unfortunately, I don’t see the discount. As you can see from the screenshot, it is still full price.
    Regards,
    Kimberley

June 21, 2017 at 10:55 AM #23554

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kimberly,

Can we take this to email? The screenshot size was too big.

Email me at support@tapforms.com

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.