Tap Forms 5 for OS X won't open

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

jim Meyer
    Participant

I’ve purchased and downloaded the .dmg for Tap Forms Organizer 5.

I’ve exported my db from Tap Forms 3.5.15 and exported a template. Tap Forms 3 is still installed.

I am using OS X 10.11.6.

When I open Tap Forms Mac 5.app I will get a small box (splash screen?) with a spinning circle that quickly disappears and then the OS X crash report.

crash report

I’ve tried downloading another .dmg from my purchase email and reinstalling but get the same results.

Any help?

September 1, 2016 at 6:41 PM #19256

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

Hmm… that’s odd. Did this happen even before you migrated your data? Were you ever able to launch it?

That’s the Paddle license screen that’s being displayed when you see the spinning activity indicator.

September 1, 2016 at 8:21 PM #19257

jim Meyer
    Participant

I hadn’t migrated any data. I only exported it from the previous version of Tap Forms by backing up to a .zip file.

I have not been able to launch it on my 2011 macbook air running OS X 10.11.6 I never even see the screen to enter an email and a license.

But… and I hate to say this because its now on me… but I was able to install it on my 2011 macbook pro running 10.11.6. Runs as expected.

These two machines have always been almost identical in terms of software and configuration. I can’t imagine what the deal is.

Any ideas?

September 1, 2016 at 9:12 PM #19259

jim Meyer
    Participant

Problem solved.

On the macbook air – Under Security and Privacy I had “Allow apps downloaded from: ” set to “Mac App Store and identified developers” I changed it to “anywhere” and the license check ran fine .

I’ve changed it back and Tap Forms continues to open.

September 1, 2016 at 10:29 PM #19261

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh that’s interesting. I definitely signed it with my Developer ID though, so that’s odd.

I’m glad you figured it out.

September 2, 2016 at 4:25 PM #19272

ArsAstronautica
    Participant

In the future, Jim, if you need to open an app that was downloaded from somewhere else, and you have properly scanned it for malware, you can override the App store only setting by using the “Open” command in the pop-up. Select the App, hold the mouse button down and wait for the pop-up. Select open and the Finder will ask you if you want to give the App permission to run. This is safer than fiddling with the Security and Privacy settings.

September 13, 2016 at 9:23 AM #19514

jim Meyer
    Participant

I hate to bring this up again, and I can’t figure out why it is happening to me but …
    I can’t open TapForms or maybe the Paddle license screen on my classroom computer.

ArsAstronautica – Choosing open from the context menu has the same results.

I can’t enter my license information or start the application. I’ve downloaded multiple times to insure the image isn’t corrupt.

The gif says it all.

Any ideas?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    September 13, 2016 at 10:39 AM #19518

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

Can you please click on the button that shows the details and copy and paste the crash report into an email and send it to me?

Thanks,

Brendan

September 13, 2016 at 11:15 AM #19524

jim Meyer
    Participant
    September 13, 2016 at 11:16 AM #19525

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

Interesting. It seems to be crashing on the initial Paddle license screen. Can you please try downloading the latest version and see if that fixes the problem? I uploaded 5.0.6 yesterday and you’re using 5.0.5.

September 13, 2016 at 11:58 AM #19527

jim Meyer
    Participant

This tap forms shows being modified yesterday so I think I got the latest.
    Still no dice.

The same thing happens if I open from the finder (double click or Ctrl+click+Open).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    September 13, 2016 at 8:06 PM #19532

Brendan
    Keymaster

Strange. The crash report you posted was from version 5.0.5, so that’s why I thought you were using the older version:

Version: 5.0.5 (1549)

Have you ever been able to launch it in the past?

Perhaps it’s a data issue, but the crash log points to a problem with Paddle.

Could you send me a copy of the document that’s supposed to load up when the app starts?

You can find them here:

~/Library/Containers/com.tapzapp.tapforms-mac/Data/Documents

September 13, 2016 at 9:12 PM #19535

jim Meyer
    Participant

The crash report was from 5.0.5.

I downloaded the newer version and got the same result – but I didn’t post a new crash report.
    I will look for that document when I get to work tomorrow.

In the mean time is there any way to get the App Store version? That is were I originally purchased Tap Form – the previous version. The problem seems to be with paddle.

September 13, 2016 at 9:20 PM #19537

Brendan
    Keymaster

Send me an email to support@tapforms.com and I’ll take care of you.

September 14, 2016 at 12:20 PM #19539

jim Meyer
    Participant

Edit: I made an error.
    I’m sending you the SampleForms.tapforms now. Is that the correct document?

By the way, The App Store version opened right away however. Thanks for taking care of this.

Jim

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.