Tap Forms 3.x/4.x Dropbox being turned off in September [Updated]

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Tap Forms 3.x/4.x Dropbox being turned off in September [Updated]

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hey there,

[Update June 26, 2017]:

Dropbox has now extended support for their Dropbox Sync API until September 28, 2017:

https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers/2017/06/updated-api-v1-deprecation-timeline/

——

Just wanted to let you know that in June, Dropbox will be shutting down their Dropbox API v1 servers. These are the servers that their Dropbox Sync API framework connects to. That’s the framework that Tap Forms 3.x uses for syncing with Dropbox. So if you’re using Dropbox for syncing Tap Forms 3.x for Mac or Tap Forms 4.x for iOS, then you should probably switch over to iCloud soon or upgrade to Tap Forms 5.

I just received a reminder email about it from Dropbox today.

Hi Brendan,

We’re turning off API v1 soon. As a reminder, you’ll need to sign in to the Dropbox developers site and acknowledge this change.

Until you do, new users of your app will see a warning when linking their Dropbox accounts, and active users of your app will receive a warning email.

I’ve decided not to acknowledge the change because I want Dropbox to send out emails and I want them to provide warnings to people trying to connect to Dropbox from within Tap Forms 3.x/4.x.

This issue does not affect Tap Forms 5 at all.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 13, 2017 at 10:16 AM #24576

Yuto Mizuhashi
    Participant

dear administrator

excuse me, i have a question.

limited by my old macbook model,
    i have to use tap forms 3.x for the moment.
    after dropbox shutting down their service for the database sync this september,
    is there a way to shift the database syncing service to iCloud,
    without upgrading to tap forms 5?
    what would you suggest to do?

m.y

September 13, 2017 at 10:39 AM #24579

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes. Just disable sync, then switch the Sync Service to iCloud and re-enable sync.

I’ll be sending out an update for Tap Forms 3.x/4.x that completely removes Dropbox as a sync service option.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 12, 2017 at 11:00 PM #25378

Efren Santos
    Participant

Thank you Brendan,

Hope to see the update soon, this extremely affect my database sync to other device.

Regards.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.