Tap Form iPhone cannot sync/backup

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Spin Shi
    Participant

I am using Tap Form both on my iPhone, iPad and Mac. Recently, I noticed that my iPhone Tap Form stop synchronizing with my Mac and iPad. Everything looks normal, it even says synchronize successfully (something like that) after I used the iCloud Sync icon. But it is just not the synchronized database on my iPhone. On the other hand, iPad and Mac are fine. After I reset my iCloud sync settings, I can only see iPhone on the registered device list. I am using the same iCloud account on all my device for sure. And what’s worse, when I tried to backup the database in my iPhone, it just takes forever. I don’t have a huge database (everything included is ~8 MB). I waited for almost 30min, and still no progress in generating backup file. Eventually I gave up, and Tap Form just generated a zero sized backup file.

Now my database seems trapped in my iPhone. It is working fine by itself. But I am worried that the more I used it, the more information I am going to lose if I have to delete the program without recovering the database in the future. So help me please, Tap Form!

December 29, 2013 at 2:15 PM #8546

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Spin,

Tap Forms must download all file attachments and photos and other files from iCloud when you perform a backup. So if it’s hanging up on you and also the fact that you don’t see any other devices in the list of Registered Devices means to me that you should probably reboot your iPhone. Do a complete power off then power it back on again. It seems like iCloud may be stuck on your iPhone.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.