Tab Order

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Paula Breger
    Participant

I’m currently using Tap Forms 3.5.19, though I have also been trying out Tap Forms 5. When I originally created most of my forms (after importing from Bento), I created custom layouts and easily tabbed from one field to another in the order they appeared on the layout. (I have added, deleted, and moved fields over the years.) At some point, the tab order stopped working properly, and pressing tab will skip fields or return to the first field. This problem seemed exacerbated when I was testing Tap Forms 5. How can I get the tab order working again? The fields used are text (some entered manually, others via pick list), number, calculation, checkbox, date, note, file attachment, and picture.

Thanks.
    Paula

August 13, 2017 at 11:07 AM #23980

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

Paula,

Are you working with a custom layout, or the Default Layout? I’m not familiar with how tab-order is handled in TF3, but in TF5 you can explicitly define the tab-order for a custom layout by opening the Layout Inspector and clicking on the Layers tab. You’ll see a list of all the elements in your layout: fields, field labels, graphic elements, static images, etc. Next to the name of the element there is a place to enter tab order (initially all zeroes), and to the right of that is a check box to lock the element’s position. You click once on the field name to highlight the row, then a second click directly on the tab-order value to make it editable. Define your desired tab order by entering sequential tab-order values for those fields. Tip: if you click on the actual field in the layout, its corresponding row will be selected in the Layers list.

It is not clear to me how tab order is determined for the Default Layout. Hitting the tab key seems to jump you around randomly through various fields, then skips you out to other elements in the Tap Forms window, such as the search box, forms list, and record list.

Hope that helps,
    Mike

August 13, 2017 at 11:16 AM #23981

Paula Breger
    Participant

Thanks, Mike. That’s perfect. I am working with a custom layout and the Layers tab handles tab order in TF3 exactly as you describe it for TF5.

I appreciate the help!
    Paula

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.