Syncing with devices

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Jeff Goldstein
    Participant

I just started using Tap Forms on my iPhone6 and love it.
    I customized one of their forms and it works well.
    Now if I understand correctly, I purchase the mac version, and I will
    be able to sync back and forth from iPhone to Macbook using iCloud…
    And the and the mac version on my Macbook will recognize the form I customized on the iPhone?
    is that correct?
    Many Thanks!
    -Jeff in NYC

October 23, 2015 at 7:23 PM #15065

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

Yes, that’s correct. I suggest you watch the video to see how syncing works in Tap Forms. And read the page on how to set it up.

http://www.manula.com/manuals/tap-zapp/tap-forms-mac/3/en/topic/icloud-sync

The form template file format and database is compatible between all versions of Tap Forms.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 26, 2015 at 7:00 AM #15084

Jeff Goldstein
    Participant

Brendan
    Thank you.
    It seems my iPhone is making a backup with .zip and I upload it to dropbox.
    But when I try to restore from my macbook, the extension in dropbox appears as “tfs” and my macbook won’t open it.
    Any thoughts?
    Help
    Thanks!
    -Jeff in NYC

October 26, 2015 at 11:36 AM #15085

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

Backups start with “TF-” and end with “.zip”. That’s the kind of file you’ll need to restore.

The .tfs files are sync device registration files. When you enable sync on a device, Tap Forms creates a file called “TFSyncDevice….tfs”. Those are not backup files.

I think when you navigate to Dropbox you’re looking in the wrong place for the file. You’re probably navigating into the SyncDocuments folder. That’s not where you want to be uploading your backup files to.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 27, 2015 at 7:13 AM #15087

Jeff Goldstein
    Participant

Brendan
    OK I managed to sync with the zip file, but when I try to restore on my iPhone the restore button is greyed out….?
    Thanks in advance.
    -Jeff in NYC

October 27, 2015 at 12:16 PM #15090

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

You have to tap on the backup file first and then the Restore Backup button will be enabled.

A checkmark will be displayed to the right of the selected backup file.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 28, 2015 at 7:23 AM #15096

Jeff Goldstein
    Participant

Brendan
    I was able to restore on my iPhone but having problems restoring on my macbook.
    on my iPhone, my iCloud drive shows the proper file starting with TF-iphone…
    but when I try to restore on my macbook, it does not appear in the Tap Forms folder on iCloud drive…
    I purchased the mac tap forms anyway, cause the iCloud was not showing up in the trial version.
    I plan on updating on my iPhone and restoring to my macbook,then the same in reverse.
    Thanks
    -Jeff

October 28, 2015 at 11:08 AM #15099

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

You may have stored the backup file in a different location then? Do you see the backup file in iCloud Drive on your iPhone?

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.