Syncing to a different iCloud account.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

adamsothcott
    Participant

Is it possible to change/switch the iCloud account Tap Forms syncs to? I’m looking to sync three ipads and two iphones, two of which have already been set up with different iCloud accounts, three of which haven’t as they’re new. I’ve been looking for a while now, but haven’t managed to come up with a definitive answer.

Thanks,

Adam

November 20, 2012 at 6:00 PM #5568

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Adam,

Well, I can’t guarantee that will work perfectly for you. But I see no reason why you can’t give it a try. Tap Forms will merge all the data into one database file. But I wouldn’t recommend switching iCloud accounts constantly to sync between different accounts. If it’s a one-time thing, ok. But not as a main way of syncing between different accounts. Tap Forms would behave as if it’s syncing for the first time if you switched accounts, since the sync files won’t be available to it and they’ll get generated from scratch. That is, a full sync instead of an incremental sync.

Please be sure to backup your data on all devices using the Tap Forms Backup & Restore facility, then upload those backups to Dropbox or use iTunes File Sharing to copy them to your computer.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.