Syncing small BUG! or I'm blind…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

UWS_CIA
    Participant

Decided to do a backup of all my forms today…

I’ve been backing up important forms with the webdav server & exporting them but this time I decided to use Syncdocs.

While going through the downloads “Shared” folder I noticed it had only the export files I created from before so…

1.) Am I to assume that it is just backing up those files as well?

2.) And that the TapForms_db.sqlite file has EVERYTHING! else?

Which brings me to the BUG! while not knowing exactly how the Syncdocs was working I decided to create export backups for each Form and while doing that I came across Forms with one record don’t have the ability to Export Records cause it jumps into the record view and not the records list view… Am I missing something here?

Again, Great App… Keep up the good work…

January 19, 2010 at 12:51 AM #3903

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi UWS_CIA,

Nope, you’re not blind. It seems that you can’t export just a single record. You can email it to yourself though. I’ll add that for the next update. Sorry for the omission.

The TapForms_db.sqlite file contains all your records, forms, pick lists, categories, etc. The Shared folder contains anything you’ve uploaded to Tap Forms and all the exports. The backup you create with SyncDocs will also contain any audio recordings and photos taken inside Tap Forms.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 19, 2010 at 12:59 AM #3904

UWS_CIA
    Participant

Thanks, that’s what I thought but didn’t want to take the chance.

As long as SyncDocs is backing up everything I’m not going to worry about it.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.