Syncing Options

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Ben Silver
    Participant

Hello

I’d like to explore syncing options.
    I have 2 or 3 users who would need to be able to access and edit the information in forms.
    Each employee has a distinct iCloud account on their computer and cannot be changed.
    Is there another way to sync? We are not adverse to buying the application for each user, but can we keep their databases synced in a different way?
    I’ve seen some things about “beaming” and local WiFi syncing, but I haven’t seen much explanation for them.

October 9, 2014 at 7:34 PM #11050

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

Beaming is for sending an individual record from one device to the other. You put one device into Receive Beam mode (the little iPhone -> iPhone icon on the Tools screen) and then the other device you tap on the Beam button when viewing the record details screen and tapping on the action menu. There’s a beam function there.

As for WiFi sync. I have not managed to build that yet. Sorry.

So sync between different users doesn’t really work unless you use the Export Records and Import Records function with the Export Record IDs option turned on. Or you can do Backup & Restore, but that replaces the data on the device you restore to.

Not probably what you wanted to hear I know, but it is what it is and will always be improving over time.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.