syncing issues

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

paulwebb
    Participant

Hi, I have asked this before but am still unclear. When I sync between ipad and mac the contacts do not sync correctly. They show in small view but not in larger view. I would like to share a screen grab but am unsure how or if it can go on this forum.

March 29, 2013 at 4:38 PM #6078

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Paul,

Do these contacts have similar names? Tap Forms can only do a first and last name lookup when looking up the contact at the moment you click on the contact button.

There’s a whole discussion thread about this problem you can read about here:

http://blog.clickablebliss.com/2011/11/07/addressbook-record-identifiers-on-mac-and-ios/

It’s a bit of a mess actually since there’s no good way to connect the same contacts from one address book on one device to another address book on another device. Even though Tap Forms uses the same internal contact ID on each of your devices, those same IDs don’t map to the same contacts on each device unfortunately. So what I attempt to do is a name search on first and last name. So if you have multiple contacts with the same first and last name, it may pick up the wrong contact.

Is that what you’re seeing?

Thanks,

Brendan

March 30, 2013 at 6:14 AM #6079

paulwebb
    Participant

Thankyou I relise that this is an apple issue that is effecting many apps. Is there a solution in using google for contact sync?

March 30, 2013 at 10:22 PM #6080

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

Not within Tap Forms, but I think there are other apps which are dedicated to managing Google contacts.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.