Syncing issues

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Carolyn
    Participant

I have a new iMac on Yosemite, a Macbook Pro with Yosemite, and iPhone 6 on OS 8 and iPad on OS 8. I can get the macs and iPad to see each other but not the iPhone. I just upgraded the MBP, iPhone and iPad today. They are all rebooted and all have iCloud drive on. All have the same encrypted password but are not encrypted. I’ve reset and rebooted countless times and cannot get the iPhone to show on the other devices or the other devices on the iPhone.
    What am I missing?

August 15, 2015 at 3:22 AM #14438

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Carolyn,

Sometimes it’s just a matter of waiting a bit longer for the devices to show up. Especially if there are a bunch of other files that may be syncing in the background. Other files such as photos, file attachments, etc. Leave Tap Forms running on the devices you’re not seeing everyone on and see if it shows up eventually.

When you rebooted, did you do the “slide to power off”? I’ve known some people to just press the power button to sleep the device and turn it back on rather than doing a full reboot.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 15, 2015 at 4:57 AM #14439

Carolyn
    Participant

I tried rebooted the iPhone again today (I haven’t touched anything since I first posted) and now it’s showing up. I synced my new computer. Its showing as synced on that computer, but not on the others. My database is 64mb. How long does that typically take?

One other question – I have 2 backups on my iPhone. How do I delete those? I don’t need them and they’re taking up quite a bit of space.

Thanks!

August 15, 2015 at 10:49 AM #14441

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Carolyn,

I can’t really say how long it will take because there’s no to it than just the database file size. You probably have photos and other file attachments in Tap Forms, so those all take time to sync too. Plus it depends on how long Tap Forms has been running for and how fast your Internet connection is. I can’t really put a figure on that.

Swipe across the row the same way you would delete anything on iOS. Or alternatively you can use iTunes File Sharing, click on a backup file and then press the Delete key on your keyboard.

Thanks!

Brendan

August 16, 2015 at 9:39 AM #14453

Carolyn
    Participant

I am finally there! I turned off the passcode lock and that allowed it to upload and sync.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.