Syncing and Beaming with IOS 8 device

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Wayne Peters
    Participant

Hi

I love the Tap Forms App, and look forward to some great new features.

Since I upgraded my IPAD 4 to IOS 8.0.2 it will not Sync and it will not Beam. All of my other devices work as they should. They are listed below. I suspect that it has to do with the Icloud/Idrive switch over. I have searched the forums for hours and can’t find anything about this. Is it just my setup, or is this a known problem. I notice that in IOS 8.0.2 there is no “Document & Data” listed under Settings/Icloud. I did not subscribe to the Idrive because none of my other devices can use it. What do I do.

Ipod Model MC544C/A 4th gen 32g with IOS 6.1.6
    Ipad Mini Model MD537LL/A, wi/fii/cellular, IOS 7.1.2, 16G
    Iphone 4, Model MD128C/A, IOS 7.1.2, 16G

Ipad 4, Model MD513C/A, IOS 8.0.2, 16G

Thanks
    Wayne

October 7, 2014 at 8:05 PM #11030

Brendan
    Keymaster

Beaming will only work between the latest version of Tap Forms. This is because the code I used before for beaming was deprecated and no longer supported by Apple, so I had to change it. So you can only beam from 3.9.x to 3.9.x now.

As for syncing, that should still work if you never enabled iCloud Drive. Try rebooting all your devices. You will know if sync would work if you see all of your devices listed in the list of Registered Devices. When that happens, you know it works because Tap Forms is generating a file on each device and storing it into the local Mobile Documents folder. Then iCloud takes over and sends those files to your other devices. Tap Forms listens for notifications from iCloud and then updates the display when it receives notification that those files have been downloaded.

October 7, 2014 at 9:18 PM #11033

Wayne Peters
    Participant

Hi again

It seems that upgrading Apples OS is always a step backward. As far as beaming goes I will have to wait till my old devices no longer work. At least they still work properly now and I can beam and sync between them. As to the new Ipad with IOS 8, it syncs with ICloud for Email, but still not for Tap Forms. I have syncing turned off for everything else, as I prefer to not use it. When I try to sync it with the Tools/iCloud Sync tool, it displays the message “Please turn on your iCloud account using the Settings app, including iCloud Drive.” I don’t want to turn ICloud drive on because the message that I get is that if I turn it on, I will no longer be able to sync with my other devices. It’s a catch 22.

Wayne

October 9, 2014 at 7:25 PM #11048

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’m not sure how you can enable Documents & Data on iOS 8 actually. Documents & Data is the old iCloud file sync technology.

But if you just hang in there for a little longer, Apple will be releasing OS X 10.10 Yosemite very soon. They released their release candidate 3 today to developers. So it will be very soon. Once you get Yosemite, then you can enable iCloud Drive on all your devices.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.