Synchronization limit in Tapforms for iOS

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Synchronization limit in Tapforms for iOS

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

grooveagent
    Participant

Hello,

I have our house budget in a form under MacOS that gets synchronized to my phone so I can add transaction records while I shop.

However the totals between the two platforms are not the same. Under closer investigation I found that the MacOS Tapform has 302 records but the iOS version only shows 300 records.

Is there a setting somewhere that limits the amount of records synchronized to iOS? I’ve looked everywhere but can’t find anything.

Thanks very much, and keep up the good work on this excellent program.

February 1, 2020 at 3:31 PM #39422

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Which sync system are you using?

February 2, 2020 at 2:03 AM #39429

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’m suspecting that just those two records didn’t sync across from the Mac to your iOS device.

If you know which records they are, make a small modification to them and that should trigger them to sync over.

February 2, 2020 at 10:32 AM #39434

Daniel Leu
    Participant

The other day, a user came up with a great way to identify missing records: On the device that has less records, add an additional Check Mark field, and check it for all records. After syncing with your other device, it is easy to identify the records that have this new field unchecked. Make a small modification to these records and they should be synced back and the two databases should be identical again.

February 5, 2020 at 11:06 PM #39496

grooveagent
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll give that a try.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.