Synchronization has failed

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

demonkiwi
    Participant

I’m trying to troubleshoot a recurring problem. Sync failure on Cloudant and it refers to ‘server error’.
    Can’t find any reference to this specific error message in the Forum. Thanks

Update: the users (Mac) tell me that clicking on OK on the error message simply renews the message window and they can’t even get to, select and open their document from the document window

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 16, 2017 at 6:26 PM #21456

Brendan
    Keymaster

Would you be able to email me a backup of the file so I can check on the database’s integrity? It could be a damaged file. Possibly due to a power failure at some point.

March 19, 2017 at 6:05 PM #21580

demonkiwi
    Participant

It’s the same file I emailed on 22 Feb, although that was from my Mac and not the machine that had this error message. You declared that copy of the file fine, but could there now be something going on with that particular Mac?

March 19, 2017 at 10:12 PM #21582

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well, if there was a power failure after you sent me the file before that could be the problem. But I don’t really know without further investigations. You could try sending them a known good copy of the file to see if that solves the problem.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.