Synchronizaiton has failed message pop up repeatedly

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Synchronizaiton has failed message pop up repeatedly

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Amy
    Participant

Over and over while I’m using Tap Forms I get this pop up message “Synchronization has failed. Error syncing to iCloud. Failed to modify some records.” It won’t go away and I can’t do anything in Tap Forms until I click “OK.” My syncing seems to work fine between desktop and laptop but this pop up keeps happening multiple times while using Tap Forms. Any ideas what is going on and how I can stop this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    October 25, 2019 at 1:14 AM #37352

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Amy,

I would suggest disabling iCloud sync on all your devices. Wait for the spinner to stop.

Then on one Mac, click on the Delete from iCloud button.

Then click the Enable iCloud sync button to re-enable iCloud sync on that Mac.

Now when iCloud has finished syncing, close the document and re-open it. Another sync cycle will happen. Close the document when it’s done.

Now remove the document from your other Mac and re-send it over to it from the Mac that just finished syncing. Re-enable iCloud sync for that document on the other Mac.

That should resolve the problem.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.