Sync Weirdness

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Jim Latham
    Participant

I am successfully syncing my Tap Forms database across two Macs using iCloud. Changes on either machine show up on the other.

Oddly, for two out of 10of my forms the number of records listed on my devices is not the same, no matter how many times it syncs. For instance, one form holds 2544 records on my laptop but only 2527 on my Mac Pro.

Thoughts?

January 28, 2019 at 1:17 AM #33563

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

If you click on the form, does the count change? If so, try changing the First Sort Field to something else on the form and then change it back to the original field.

See if that gets the right record counts to show on each device.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 28, 2019 at 9:34 AM #33567

Jim Latham
    Participant

Thanks for the input.

I’ve tried making all sort criteria unspecified on each device and then changing them back to the top field. Although unspecified sorting does change the number of records to the terrifying “0”, when sorted again each number remains unchanged and unequal.

So for instance 2544 on one device and 2527 on the other. The second form continues to only be off by 1 record.

I’ve also tried closing and reopening Tap Forms on each device.

January 28, 2019 at 11:07 AM #33571

Brendan
    Keymaster

One thing you could try is to disable sync on the device that has more records, then re-enable sync on it. That should tell Tap Forms to fetch all of the records again and upload them again to the cloud server. Hopefully that’ll prompt the other device to download all the data again.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.