Sync Stopped Working

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Aik Pin Ng
    Participant

Hi,

I just noticed the sync stopped working on my iPhone. It seemed to only happened after I upgraded to the latest version. Strangely, the iPad which is running the same version seemed to be syncing fine.

Mac 5.0.1 (build 729)
    iPHone 5.0.1 (502)
    iPad 5.0.1 (502)

I have turned on both Wifi Sync and also Cloudant Sync.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this?

thanks,
    Aik Pin

August 12, 2016 at 12:32 AM #18502

Aik Pin Ng
    Participant

Btw, I have tried manually clicking on the sync button on iPhone and iPad. And also tried File->Sync Now option on macbook. No error. But the records just won’t sync to iPhone. :(

August 12, 2016 at 1:29 AM #18504

Leo
    Participant

Sometimes a loaded app blocks syncing. Some games do. I’ve countered it on my spare iPhone 5C. I believe it is a memory thing.
    Try close all apps including TF by swiping up after double click on the home button.

August 12, 2016 at 1:36 AM #18505

Aik Pin Ng
    Participant

Hi Leo,

Thanks.

I have turned the iPhone off and on again. Seemed to be working now.

AiK Pin

August 12, 2016 at 2:21 AM #18507

Brendan
    Keymaster

By the way, that sync button is only active when using Cloudant and you have Auto-Sync disabled. It allows you to control when syncing starts. When you tap it, Tap Forms will start the syncing process, but you can continue using the app while it’s doing that. You’ll see a network activity indicator in the status bar while it’s syncing. It would be nice if Apple let us developers use the syncing spinning indicator as it does when you’re syncing with iTunes. So instead I turn on the network activity indicator.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.