sync question

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

singatune
    Participant

I’ve had Tapforms for iPad for a while. Now I’m interested in getting the desktop version. I’d like to sync the two. Do I need to worry that all the databases on my iPad could get wiped out if I sync incorrectly? Will syncing put together the databases I have on my iPad (many) with the ones (not many) I have on the desktop version?

At the moment, I’m using a trial version of the desktop.

Please excuse these naive questions. I’m a newbie with the desktop version and with syncing.

November 29, 2018 at 8:00 PM #32220

Federico Martinez
    Participant

You can choose each database wether you want to sync it or not. Each database has an id which will have to match for it to sync. So if you have 2 versions of a database with the same name but with different data and different id it won’t be a problem. My experience with the sync so far has been good.

if you have 2 databases with the same id but very different data I would wait for Brendan’s reply.

November 30, 2018 at 12:54 AM #32237

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Singatune,

What you should do is use the Send Document function to send a copy of your database from your iPad to your Mac. That way you’ll have an exact copy of the database on your Mac that you have on your iPad.

Instructions here:

https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5.3/en/topic/send-to-another-device

Once you’ve got that, then setup sync between your devices for each document.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.