Sync Problems

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Scott
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I use Tap Forms 5 on two office imacs, a home imac, an ipad and my iphone. Syncing between the devices works fine expect for one of the imacs. It seems to only sync sporadically. Currently it isn’t syncing. I’ve tried rebooting, reopening Tap Forms and also signing out and back into auto-sync. None of this has made any difference. Can you help me out here please?

Cheers,
    S.

April 3, 2017 at 1:08 AM #21807

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

Are you using Cloudant syncing? Generally signing out and signing in on each device should solve this problem.

Try a simple test such as changing a form’s icon to see if that syncs over to your other devices.

Are there any error messages?

April 3, 2017 at 2:08 AM #21808

Scott
    Participant

There’s no error messages.
    I tried changing an icon as you suggested but the change wasn’t synced onto the other imac. I’ve just noticed that part of the database is missing. i.e. One of the forms has zero items in it. The other Tap Forms DB on the other imac is fine.

April 3, 2017 at 4:46 AM #21809

Scott
    Participant

p.s. sorry, I meant to add that, yes I am using Cloudant for syncing.

April 3, 2017 at 12:39 PM #21818

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

It sounds like a file corruption issue then.

I would send the document from the other Mac back to the Mac that’s not showing all the data.

Or restore the .tapforms document from Time Machine.

This can unfortunately happen if you had a powder failure or the Mac was forcibly shutdown while Tap Forms had the database file open.

April 12, 2017 at 2:48 AM #21901

Scott
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I sent the document from one Mac to the other and the databases on each Mac seemed to sync for a while. However, it’s not working again. I tried signing out and signing in again in the sync tab but it didn’t make any difference. Any ideas?

April 12, 2017 at 3:35 AM #21902

Scott
    Participant

Ok, problem solved, for now. I reset the sync on the original Mac this time. This does seem to be an ongoing issue though. I seem to continually have syncing problems which requires a reset of one of the computers.

April 12, 2017 at 11:23 AM #21907

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

By Reset Sync, do you mean you clicked the Sign-Out button and the Sign-In button again on the original Mac? I’ve seen that on occasion where you have to do that. Sorry for the trouble.

April 12, 2017 at 6:36 PM #21909

Scott
    Participant

Yes that’s correct Brendan.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.