Sync Password problem

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Catherine
    Participant

Hi
    I’m having problems with the sync password for nearby sync. I don’t have encryption set, but when I go to change the password it says it’s wrong. I’m using the password that’s in Keychain Access. How can I reset the password?
    Thanks
    Catherine

June 16, 2017 at 1:01 PM #23533

Brendan
    Keymaster

If you click on the Change Sync Password button on the Nearby Sync screen, there’s a Clear button you can click on there. Just type in the current password and then click the Clear button.

June 28, 2017 at 5:54 AM #23615

Catherine
    Participant

Thanks Brendan, but that wouldn’t work for me – sorry for the long pause in replying, I was away. I’m able to clear the sync password on the macmini, but not the other macbook, I’ve also had to rebuild my macbook for other reasons, but it’s exactly the same situation (both on Mac Sierra 10.12.5). Anything else I can try?
    Thanks
    Catherine

June 28, 2017 at 7:58 AM #23616

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Catherine,

You can find out what the password is on your other MacBook by launching the Keychain Access application. Type syncPassword into the Search field and double-click on the “db-” entry there. Click the “Show password” checkbox when you see that on the window that’s displayed. Keychain Access will ask you for your current users’s login password. When you’ve entered that, it will show you the current sync password you setup in Tap Forms.

June 29, 2017 at 3:20 AM #23617

Catherine
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    Thanks – that’s sorted it great.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.