Sync not working

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Dean Catiis
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I’ve recently bought the Mac and iPhone apps. Been testing them out before I completely switch. I am still using Bento for now in the real world until I am confident that the features I need work well, if not perfectly.

One thing that’s not working for me is sync (I’m using Dropbox). There’s probably just something that I am not doing correctly, since the articles and reviews I’ve read online say that sync works.

1. I make changes on my Mac and also on my iPhone, and the changes are not showing up on both devices accordingly. Records I add and/or update on one device do not get added/updated on the other device after I clicked on “sync” on both devices a few times.

2. One time, when I opened my iPhone app, I noticed that it was counting records down like the first time I imported my database into my iPhone. Does it do that every sync? I have a lot of records in my database, so this process I noticed took several minutes.

Thanks for your help and for always being very responsive in the forums!

Dean

January 31, 2016 at 12:46 PM #15820

Dean Catiis
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I want to add to the question above …

After several tries to click “sync” on both Mac and iPhone, the total number of records now match. However, when I try to search for record that I added in my Mac, it’s not showing up on the iPhone.

Dean

January 31, 2016 at 1:11 PM #15821

Dean Catiis
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Adding another comment as I continue the test …

Looks like what I add/update on one device now syncs with the other device. However, as I mentioned above, the total number of records are the same on both devices, but there are records I added on my Mac that are not on my iPhone.

Dean

January 31, 2016 at 8:09 PM #15832

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Dean,

Think of syncing in Tap Forms like a game of ping-pong. When you have changes you’ve made on Device A that you want to get onto Device B, press the upload to cloud button only on Device A. Do not press the upload to cloud button on Device B until you’ve received the data from device A. It’s like in ping-pong, you can’t return the ball until it reaches your paddle.

But if the records did make it over to your other device, try rebuilding the Search Index to see if the record you’re searching for can be found. Do that on the Database Maintenance screen in the Tools area.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.