Sync Nightmare…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

gzamba
    Participant

Hello Brendan,

I have been trying to use tap forms for a few years now to build a database for my patients…
    Originally I had built a database on my mac using Filemaker and transferred it to my iPad but gave up because I could not sync the two.
    When I discovered tap forms I was so happy that I could finally sync my two versions in real time… And then the problems started.
    I have asked for your help several times and eventually got it to work, but have lost a lot of data too…
    In the past few months I have managed to get the mac version to where I want it, with custom views etc, but syncing to any of my devices has been impossible.
    I have an iMac running mavericks and a macbook running mountain lion, so this is a no go…
    I also have two iPads, an iPad 3 and an iPad mini, both running IOS 8.1.3 and the latest version of tap forms hd (3.9.4 248). I gave up trying to sync both a while ago, so I have been concentrating on trying to sync even one of them…
    I have tried every trick described on the forum, enabling/disabling, reseting, uninstalling, you name it… Nothing works.
    I an don’t know if it is apple’s fault or a problem with tap forms, and frankly, I do not care anymore…
    I just want it to work…
    You have built a great program that is crippled by horrendous syncing problems.
    Fixing this should be your number one priority…

I am very near the end of my tether here but I will give tap forms another chance if you can help me make syncing work. I have spent hundreds of hours trying to make something that suits my needs, and now that I have finally got there I cannot use it!!!!

HELP!!!

I do not know if this makes any difference, but I have not upgraded to icloud drive on any of my devices…

March 20, 2015 at 3:20 AM #13199

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi,

Here’s a good test for you. Are you able to sync a document from Numbers and/or Pages from your OS X 10.9 Mac to Numbers or Pages on your iOS 8 devices at all? Tap Forms uses the same iCloud Drive technology as iWorks does for syncing. In OS X 10.9 it’s called Documents & Data. So it could be that there’s a problem with that for you.

I am working on an update to enable Dropbox sync, so with that you’ll be able to sync between 10.9 and iOS 8.

Do you see all devices listed in the list of Registered Devices on each of your Macs and iOS devices? If not, then no syncing will occur.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 20, 2015 at 4:08 AM #13201

gzamba
    Participant

I have not upgraded to iCloud drive. Could that be the problem?
    Any idea when the dropbox update will be available?

March 20, 2015 at 11:12 PM #13203

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’m hoping for mid April if all goes well. Longer if not :-)

March 20, 2015 at 11:14 PM #13204

Brendan
    Keymaster

iCloud Drive does not work on OS X 10.9, so if you upgrade then you’ll have to upgrade to Yosemite. But even if you activated it just one on any device you own, even during setup of a new device, then you’ve effectively migrated your entire account to iCloud Drive and Apple will do a one-time migration of your data from Documents & Data over to iCloud Drive, thus freezing sync of any documents on any of your devices that still use Documents & Data.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.