Sync in Tap Forms 2.2/3.8

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

divinenanny
    Participant

I have several issues with the new updates and sync

1) I can’t find the iCloud/Sync options in iOS
    2) I reset iCloud syncing on the Mac version (after getting many error pop-ups on the sync at start up).
    3) I synced my Mac (manually) and got the error again, and did not receive new records.
    4) I synced my iPhone (pull down) and got no error.
    5) I synced my iPad (pull down). When my iPad ‘went to sleep’ and I unlocked it, I got the TapForms locked screen (even though my app is not password protected). Leaving the field empty got me in. It is still syncing. The screen is ’empty’ (I don’t see my forms like I usually do) and I am afraid it might be re-syncing everything (takes a couple of hours) and everything might be gone.

What is the tried and true sequence of actions that gets iCloud sync working again, preferably without re-syncing everything, but most importantly, without losing data not yet synced before the update?

April 29, 2014 at 2:30 AM #9781

divinenanny
    Participant

Addendum:
    iPad syncing stopped (my iPad went to sleep again). TapForms was stuck (blank TapForms screen without forms). When I went back ‘home’ and opened TapForms again, my forms were back (whew) but not synced.

April 29, 2014 at 2:42 AM #9785

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m very sorry for this. I am working on a fix for it and will send it to Apple for review tomorrow. It was a bad build unfortunately. It worked in testing, but not by the time it got to the App Store.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 29, 2014 at 2:44 AM #9786

divinenanny
    Participant

Well, how dare you, as a human, make mistakes? ;)

Thanks for the quick fix, and I will hold off on adding/updating my forms for now.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.