Sync Failed

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Doug Adler
    Participant

Brendan

I am now getting Sync Failed using Dropbox. In the past sync worked without issue.
    Since working and now not working I have:
    Moved from trial to purchased license on my MacBook Pro.
    Added another ipad.
    Reset all devices, ensured all have the same encryption key and restarted sync with the Macbook first.
    Sync Settings on Ipads shows each other ipad,
    ensured all prgrams are running.
    Sync Settings on Macbook shows Last Synced time and according to the ipads it was not successful.
    I checked the dropbox and there are files.

September 29, 2015 at 12:36 PM #14739

Doug Adler
    Participant

I lost count of hitting the cloud sync button without any success. I thought I would give it another try. It worked!

When the units are syncing what is the role of each unit?

September 29, 2015 at 12:51 PM #14740

Doug Adler
    Participant

Oops spoke too soon. One ipad is not syncing. It may take some time to sync so I will wait an see what happens.

September 29, 2015 at 4:22 PM #14742

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Doug,

Pressing the upload to cloud button more than once will have no effect. Tap Forms checks to see if there have been any changes since the last time you pressed the upload to cloud button. If it doesn’t notice any changes, nothing really happens.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 29, 2015 at 8:39 PM #14745

Doug Adler
    Participant

Brendan

When syncing which device, if any, acts as the master?

September 29, 2015 at 10:03 PM #14748

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Doug,

There’s no master. Well, the master is the one that has the most recent changes. But then that could be any device. When sync happens, the data is merged. However, deletes take priority over edits. That is, if you delete a record on Device A, then before syncing, update the same record on Device B, that record will be deleted on Device B when you upload from Device A. Even if you upload the edit from Device B, the record will still get deleted on Device B after Device A uploads its changes.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.