Sync Failed – Invalid Attachment

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Gary Ownsby
    Participant

Good Morning All,

A simple JPG (iPhone Camera) seems to be having problems during synchronization with Cloudant. Nothing unusual about the photo though…just s simple photo. See attachment screenshot of error message.

Any thoughts on this situation? I can delete and reload it (haven’t done that yet) but I would prefer to know the cause so I can hopefully avoid it in the future. Thank you.

Gary
    Chattanooga, TN

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 14, 2017 at 9:54 AM #21430

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Gary,

I wish there was a definitive solution to this problem. It just seems to be a bug deep down inside either Couchbase Lite not generating attachment data properly, or a bug with Cloudant not recognizing the attachment format that Couchbase Lite is generating. Couchbase Lite is the database engine I’m using for Tap Forms 5.x.

So the only solution is to remove and re-add the photo. It should be fine after that.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Brendan

March 14, 2017 at 10:23 AM #21432

Gary Ownsby
    Participant

Brendan,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I’m fine with the workaround solution when this situation happens. Perhaps someday the exact cause & solution will become clear and a fix can be implemented.

Tap Forms is a wonderful tool that we’ve only recently discovered. We’re finding many uses for it around our home. In the near future, I hope to contribute to the Template Exchange Library to share some nice “apps” that we’ve put together.

Even my wife has found a great use for Tap Forms…organizing her sewing & quilting hobby. When she’s out shopping for fabric she often doesn’t have the garment or quilt pattern with her, so determining the needed quantity is a best guess which often results in overbuying and “leftovers”. With the “app” I prepared for her with Tap Forms, she has entered her sewing patterns and taken a photo of the front and pack of the pattern envelope which contains all the needed information. So everything is in the database when needed.

She loves it! Now she can buy fabric with confidence in the quantity. She can quickly search the app for specific garments or quilts she wishes to make and find everything while she’s in the fabric store. Now that she knows how much to buy, she feels more comfortable with buying in advance so fabric is on-hand when a sewing or quilting project comes along. Of course that can be good & bad…she does buy more now! :-)

What a great software product you’ve engineered! Thank you.

Gary

March 14, 2017 at 11:00 AM #21433

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Gary,

That’s awesome! I’m thrilled that you and your wife are finding Tap Forms a helpful app for you.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.