sync failed

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Bill
    Participant

Synced yesterday between my iPhone and iMac after making about 30 changes to my database with no issues. today i made a few changes and get the error sync failed the request timed out. both devices appear to be connected. any suggestions on what the problem may be?

March 27, 2022 at 10:17 PM #47042

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Bill,

What sync service are you using?

Try closing and reopening the document on each device.

If that doesn’t solve it, try rebooting each device.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 28, 2022 at 10:08 AM #47044

Bill
    Participant

Thanks for responding but restarted both devices and all I get is the spinning sync fetching and then the error message. another suggestions?

March 28, 2022 at 12:30 PM #47045

Brendan
    Keymaster

So which sync service are you using?

Can you post the error message screenshot?

March 28, 2022 at 1:32 PM #47046

Bill
    Participant

I’m using Near By connecting my iMac and iPhone. they show up available and connected. both devices are connected to my wi-fi. screenshot of error message is attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 28, 2022 at 6:40 PM #47048

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ah ok. Thanks.

I would suggest removing the devices from the list of devices by swiping across them on the Nearby Sync settings screen, then re-adding them. That should fix it.

Thanks,

Brendan

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Brendan.
    March 29, 2022 at 10:58 AM #47051

Bill
    Participant

I removed both devices restarted both but it still failed to sync. Error message is the same but the sting of numbers and letters are different on each device. I have a backup from the day before I got the error message. Made changes to the database the next day then could not sync.

March 30, 2022 at 12:13 PM #47052

Brendan
    Keymaster

Do you have the “Local Network” option enabled on your iPhone under the Privacy settings in the Settings app? Look for Local Network and tap on it and then make sure that it’s enabled for Tap Forms.

March 30, 2022 at 3:13 PM #47053

Bill
    Participant

Thanks for responding.
    local Network is ON in my iPhone settings and in the Tap Form settings. Cell data id OFF in the Tap Forms settings. I decided to go back to pretend this in a new setup. I deleted the database from my iphone and used Airdrop to copy the database from my iMac to my iphone but syncing still failed. This is a work around to have a current database on my iPhone but syncing as I work would be ideal.

The only other option I can think of is to back to the backup just before the problem started but I will lose several updates I made.

March 31, 2022 at 12:13 PM #47054

Bill
    Participant

Brendan,
    I updated 20 records in my database. Compacted and backed it up. Then I deleted it from my phone and used airdrop to move the updated file to my phone. Then I added a record to the database and it appeared on my phone. I did not see the the spinning syncing wheel and it seemed slower to update my phone than in the past but it seem to be working now. I am not getting the error message Synchronization Has Failed. I will keep testing it and update you if it begins to malfunction.

Thanks for all your help.

April 1, 2022 at 1:35 AM #47055

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Bill,

I’m glad you found a solution to the problem. Sorry for the trouble in the first place.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.