Sync Disabled after updating to 5.0.5

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Robyn Miller
    Participant

I just upgraded to 5.0.5… now the “Sync now” menu option is grayed out. Is this a known bug, or something weird?

September 8, 2016 at 10:00 AM #19421

Robyn Miller
    Participant

I tried signing out and back in to Cloudant… no luck. Anything else I could try?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    September 8, 2016 at 11:47 AM #19428

Robyn Miller
    Participant

Hmm… I am wondering if this actually started yesterday (before upgrading) without my noticing. I just saw an error message pop up that said it could not sync because of an invalid file name (it began with an underscore).

It took some hunting to figure out which record that file was attached to, since the message didn’t tell me much other than the file name. I eventually found it though, on a record I added yesterday… removed the file, renamed it, and added it again. After adding the renamed file, I once again saw that error message pop up (sorry, didn’t think to grab a screen shot)… but I believe I was still in the record and I get the feeling it doesn’t save the edit until you click out of the record.

“Sync Now” is still greyed out :(

September 8, 2016 at 12:04 PM #19432

Brendan
    Keymaster

Sync Now will be greyed out if you have auto-sync turned on. That’s because syncing happens automatically whenever you make changes. If it wasn’t greyed out and you selected it, if there was nothing to sync, then nothing would happen. So it didn’t make sense to have it enabled with auto-sync turned on. But if you’d like to have control over when Tap Forms syncs, you can disable auto-sync. Then whenever you want to sync, just select that menu command.

September 8, 2016 at 12:14 PM #19434

Robyn Miller
    Participant

Ah ok, that makes sense. It wasn’t greyed out before, so I didn’t expect the change. I really wish it had some sort of little status bar or something that let me know when it was syncing. Black boxes are scary. But that is probably just me.

September 8, 2016 at 1:22 PM #19439

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well on the Mac version it briefly displays a message at the lower-right of the window (if you have a form selected) letting you know how the sync process is going. For small syncs it’s very brief and easy to miss.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.