Sync causing crash?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Steven Schlagel
    Participant

I have Tap Forms installed on my work computer and my home computer – both iMac’s I bought in the last year and both running Yosemite (also on my iPad). I am using DropBox as the sync tool in Tap Forms. On my work computer Tap Forms runs great and syncs nicely to that iMac and my iPad. When I set it up on my home iMac it ran fine, but when I activated the sync feature with that same DropBox location it crashed the program in just a few seconds. Now every time I restart Tap Forms it just crashes in 1 to 5 seconds of starting. I tried restarting the computer and also deleting the program and reinstalling but no change. Below is the problem details from the problem report the Mac generates on the crash – anyone else had this problem or a solution??

Responsible: Tap Forms [8186]
    User ID: 501
    Date/Time: 2015-08-06 17:01:44.335 -0600
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10.4 (14E46)
    Report Version: 11
    Anonymous UUID: A6CDF7D1-A3FC-4E4D-EA76-D41E6557551D
    Time Awake Since Boot: 8000 seconds
    Crashed Thread: 3 Dispatch queue: com.tapforms.sync-queue
    Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
    *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInvalidArgumentException’, reason: ‘*** -[NSKeyedUnarchiver initForReadingWithData:]: incomprehensible archive (0x62, 0x70, 0x6c, 0x69, 0x73, 0x74, 0x30, 0x30)’
    abort() called
    terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

August 8, 2015 at 12:33 AM #14411

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

I know I answered this same question to you in email, but for the benefit of others I’m going to paste my response below:

————

It sounds like there may be a bad TFSyncDevice….tfs file on your home Mac. To correct that, press the Reset Sync button on any of your devices. Preferably your home Mac if you can manage. That will clear out all the TFSyncDevice files and you’ll need to re-enable sync again.

If you can’t get that far on your Mac before sync kicks in (it launches 5 seconds after the app starts up), then type in the following command into the Terminal application (found in your Utilities folder):

defaults delete com.tapforms.mac icloud-enabled

Then launch Tap Forms and sync will be disabled. Now press the Reset Sync button in the Cloud Sync popover.

You should be able to re-enable sync on each device after that and it should work again.

Thanks,

Brendan

P.S. This did help Steve with his problem.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.