Sync b/w iPhone & iPad

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

sarcher1228
    Participant

This app looks fantastic. However, it seems the back-up and restore model implies that one device is meant to serve as the master copy. Periodically the user can make a backup copy for safekeeping, or perhaps use back-up and restore to migrate from one device to another.

That’s important, of course, but I’d be interested in a two-way sync, where I can edit data on multiple devices (e.g. iPhone + iPad, or iPhone + Desktop, or all three) and the changes would be mirrored to the other device(s). More like how iTunes manages our music and videos, which can be purchased on multiple devices but then get synced together across all devices.

Is this in your roadmap, and if so, when would you expect this to be possible?

February 2, 2011 at 5:48 AM #4377

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Sarcher1228,

Sorry for the late reply. I’m just catching up on the forum posts that I missed from the past.

I do expect to build sync services into Tap Forms using Dropbox or some other cloud storage to act as an intermediary.

It’s on the list of to-dos for the development of the Mac version. But when I’m building that, I’ll make sure that you can sync iDevice to iDevice.

Thanks!

Brendan

February 20, 2011 at 9:36 AM #4449

iK.vin
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Just wanna say I love your app. I have been eyeing to learn how to use a database app (or SW) for a while. I was contemplating if I should dive into FileMaker’s world (since it has MAC, iPhone, iPad versions). I even got the free trial FileMaker for my MAC. I spent couple days reading the manuals but it really isn’t getting anywhere. The UI is just not intuitive enough. When I got Tap Form DB, I spent 3 hours on it then I know exactly how to use it (consider I didn’t know anything about DB at all). I ended up playing, converting my data on my iPhone till 2am (had a terrible work day the next day =_=). Thank you for the awesome app. The biggest feature I am looking forward to is what Sarcher1228 mentioned. I haven’t bought the iPad Tab Form DB yet. When the two way sync feature is available, I am sure I will be one of the first ones to buy it. I am here voicing out this is a hot feature I am sure a lot of people want that. I want to be able to view the same forms, data, everything on either my iPhone or iPad. Keep up the good work. Love your app. Truly wishing your Mac version will come out soon as well and I will definitely relying on it on all my Apple devices to have unified data (or DB).

Cheers.

Kevin.

February 20, 2011 at 9:38 AM #4450

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

Thanks so much for the kind words!

I am releasing an update to Apple tomorrow which has some awesome new features, including alert notifications and a new drawing field type.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.