Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

dsimmons
    Participant

I have a Receipts form with the following fields:

Date
    Check Number
    Amount Received

I would like to add a field for Total Received— that is a sum of all entries from the Amount Received field.

Possible? If so, how?

Many thanks,

Don Simmons

May 3, 2014 at 6:51 PM #9990

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Don,

On your Amount Received field, set the Calculation Type field option to “Total”. Then you’ll see the total appear beneath the Total Amount Received column in multi-column list view mode on the Mac version. In single-column list view, it would be displayed at the bottom of the records list view.

On iOS you can set that field option too. But there’s only the single-column list view, so it should display at the bottom of your records list view.

Thanks!

Brendan

May 3, 2014 at 8:34 PM #9994

dsimmons
    Participant

Thanks for such a prompt reply. Wow!

Alas, it did not seem to work for me. It is obvious that I am doing something wrong as I get no total.

My Amount Received field is a number type with a format of Currency Style and a calculation type of Total.

My Total Received field is a calculation type with a calculation type of Total.

I am certain it is a silly little thing — some box not checked, etc. But I am not having success with this.

Many Thanks.

Don Simmons

May 3, 2014 at 8:54 PM #9996

dsimmons
    Participant

Never mind! I found it … way down the bottom in the gray border. I just didn’t look there before.

Thank you!

Don Simmons

May 4, 2014 at 8:00 PM #10010

Brendan
    Keymaster

No worries. Glad you found it.

Thanks!

Brendan

December 8, 2017 at 11:25 AM #26567

Doug Cook
    Participant

I can only find the sum option on the Multi-column list view. I would like to display a running total for a given field for all records in the layout.

December 8, 2017 at 11:54 AM #26570

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Doug,

Tap Forms 5.2 has a group totals function that lets you display totals per section. It’s available only on the multi-column list view. To view it, click on the little menu button at the top-right of the multi-column list view where you can enable and disable section headers. Choose the Show Group Summaries option.

For the Single-Column List view to see the totals in a popup button set the Calculation Type and Calculation Field on the form itself. You’ll see a popup button that displays the totals for every field you’ve set a Summary Calculation Type on.

There’s no specific running total function though, just the regular total function.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.