Summary Sheet with Sub and Main Totals

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Stuart Gower
    Participant

I am a new user of Tap Forms. I am creating a Home Inventory database. I have around twenty fields in the Default Layout and a useful Custom Layout with those fields for data entry.
    What I want to do is to create another layout in a spreadsheet-style which has a smaller number of fields, and crucially the replacement value field, which I want to be sub-totalled for each change of category, with a grand total at the foot of the column.
    I have found the multi-column list view, but cannot seem to get that to work with a small selection of fields on a subsidiary layout form?
    Do I have to export everything to Excel to do this, or is there a way of doing it in Tap Forms, please?

July 16, 2019 at 7:46 PM #35925

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Stuart,

Tap Forms can do this.

The multi-column list view’s Select Fields popover view will let you choose which order to display the columns in.

Then you choose the Print function from the File menu. Click the Fields tab and choose which fields you want printed. You can also adjust the widths of the fields.

If on the multi-column list view you have the Show Group Summaries option enabled, Tap Forms will print sub-totals for you plus a grand total at the bottom.

See the attached PDF that shows you what you can do with this kind of output with Tap Forms.

Thanks!

Brendan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.