Summary Calculation Question/Suggestion – Records Count for Text Fields

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Summary Calculation Question/Suggestion – Records Count for Text Fields

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Jose Monteiro
    Participant

Hi,

1. RECORDS COUNT PER GROUP
    I have a form with a few fields.
    One of them is a Text field, which is the First Sort Field and the only Required one.
    I would like to have Show Group Summaries showing me the Number of Records for each Group.
    So I have Group Records set for this field too.
    But for Text Fields there is no Summary Calculation option such as Total, then I cannot set this field for Summary Calculations and get the number of records for each Group.
    am I missing something?

2. A TURN AROUND FOR THIS ISSUE
    There is a way to turn around this issue that is having a checkmark field, having it checked off for all records and setting a Total Summary Calculation for this field.
    But it is a bit awkward solution.

3. SUGGESTION
    If there is no other way to get the Records Count per Group than the one mentioned on point 2. I would suggest to implement a Text Field Summary Calculation option just for Totals.

September 6, 2017 at 4:43 AM #24444

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

Being able to display a summary count for non-empty text fields might have utility on its own merits.

But what you’re trying to do is more directly served by this request:

Brendan, please display record counts by subgroup and grand total if statistics are enabled, independent of any particular field having a specified summary calculation.

I’d like to see that as well as Jose’s suggestion to show the summary count for non-empty text fields.

Thanks,
    Mike

November 29, 2017 at 1:02 PM #26286

Jose Monteiro
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Any news about this thread?

Jose

November 29, 2017 at 2:58 PM #26290

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hmm… I think I didn’t see this thread from you and Mike (RIP). Sorry about that.

I’ll think about it.

December 3, 2017 at 3:48 PM #26439

Jose Monteiro
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Since you’ll be spending sometime with summary calculations, would it be possible to have Summary Calculations on Time fields?

Jose

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.