Suggestions & Questions

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Stephen Abshire
    Participant

I recently came over from a competing product and have no regrets. I do have a few questions/suggestions about functionality:

• Is there a capability to globally search all forms or can we add it?
    • Can we place a little clipboard beside certain fields that enables me to quickly copy the contents of the field?
    • Can I link forms with existing data that was imported or is the link created when new records are added?
    • Can we place a password generator button beside the password field? Would be great to have this configurable for what type of characters to include in the password.
    April 30, 2014 at 6:09 PM #9862

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the feature requests:

Yes, that’s already there. On the iPhone version you can just tap on the Search tab. On the iPad version there’s a separate search button in the top toolbar. On the Mac version, type anything into the Search field, then click on the Search “All Forms” button that will appear above the list of results.

On the iOS version you can tap-and-hold on any value to display the Copy menu command to copy the value to the clipboard. This works for photos foo.

Links between forms are generated manually in Tap Forms. However, if you export some records in Tap Forms and you’ve enabled the Export Record IDs option along with the Export Linked Forms option, Tap Forms will generate multiple CSV files which contain the information necessary to link the data back up if you have to import again or to another machines. You would want to import the parent form first and then all the child forms. You can also take a look at the data that Tap Forms adds to the CSV file exports to see what it’s expecting on import.

Thanks!

Brendan

May 1, 2014 at 6:32 AM #9893

Stephen Abshire
    Participant

Great thank you for the information!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.