Suggestions for Setup

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Ryan Flynt
    Participant

Here’s what I’m tasked with.

I have a database that I use to schedule appointments for a counselor in our practice. I have ten counselors.

The database I currently have is cluttered in regard to the letters and schedules that we have to print. Here’s why:

His schedule is very different depending on when their appointments are scheduled. Because Tap Forms doesn’t have a way of changing the letter layout (If/Then), I have two letters and two schedule templates I use to print. One letter and schedule is for an 8:00 AM start and another letter and schedule is for a 10:30 AM start. So that is now four printouts across the top. Then for people that have a five day schedule, you have a back page, which is about the only thing “universal” for everyone (so now we have five across the top).

We used the main counselor in the practice here as the guinea pig and things have gone so well that we want to put the other nine counselors in the form.

Here’s my new problem: while I would only have letters (and not schedules) to print, I have nine counselors and since Tap Forms has no “If/Then” available for text formulas (that I am aware of), that adds nine more letters across the top. Even at a really high resolution, this is cluttery, and confusing.

Is there a way for me to split the letters from the database? Exportation is not an efficient process for us as we have to have these letters out within minutes of scheduling.

Would anyone have suggestions regarding how to set up my templates so there’s not such a clutter of templates across the top?

Thanks,
    Ryan

December 31, 2015 at 2:55 AM #15562

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

Have you thought about a separate form for each councillor since your letters are different for each one?

You could use the Duplicate Form function to get the basic structure of your form (and custom layouts) duplicated to a new form, then work on that to make the changes necessary for each councillor. Then you can also keep the data separate.

Normally I suggest just using a Saved Search to filter records into sub-lists, but in your case it sounds like you have a lot of custom layouts that you would need for each councillor.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 31, 2015 at 3:09 PM #15568

Ryan Flynt
    Participant

I have attempted to duplicate the form, but none of the layouts transfer over. This would be ideal for me. Suffice as to see about three updates ago it worked once, however, now, when I duplicate a form not even the “default layout” comes over and 0% of the custom layouts come over.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ryan

December 31, 2015 at 5:03 PM #15569

Brendan
    Keymaster

After you duplicate the form, create a new record in it. You’ll see the Default Layout AND the custom layouts appear.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.