Suggestion For An Update

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Kirk Oakes
    Participant

I think a lot of us users would love to see a timer capability in the future. That way when we time a process we can start the timer. Then if we need to pause the timer for a break or to wait for a client to answer a question we can hit a pause button to pause the timer until we start the process up again. Then we can un-pause the timer and once the job or process is complete we can hit stop and that will store the final time in hr:min:sec so we can see if the next time the process is being done for that same job we can see if the speed is the same, slower, or faster then the last time. Of course this would be done on a new job as a repeat order. Not from the same job completed.

On a side note: Is there a way that we can set up different user levels so say some one in one department can only view and input their department information and not be able to edit the information, but also can’t view or input information into any other department’s part of the database? And top level user(s) can see and input and edit into all areas?

Thanks for all your support!

March 22, 2018 at 8:21 PM #27933

Kirk Oakes
    Participant

I forgot to check the notify by email of follow-ups so I had to post another blurb..

March 22, 2018 at 10:20 PM #27934

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for the Timer field feature request. It can be a bit tricky to build a timer because what happens if you start the timer and then kill the app? Or reboot your iOS device or put the app in the background? There are ways to handle it, but it’s just tricky. On and multiply that by the number of timers you might have going in different forms, fields, records, or even documents. :)

The user levels thing is something I’d like to do one day, but it’s quite a complicated task too. I built Tap Forms as a single-user application. Making it multi-user now would be tricky, especially since there’s no central database server that every Tap Forms instance communicates with.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.