Suggeations for next update

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

fontana
    Participant

Hi

I am a new user, and am so far very impressed.

There are, though, three things that would make the app even more user-friendly for me:

1. The first might be a bug that has already been noted. If so, apologies: When I enter text in a note field, it doesn’t scroll up as it gets down to the keyboard, but disappears behind it. I can fix this by closing the keyboard and tapping the (previously hidden) end of the text, whereupon the keyboard reappears, the text then scrolling up as I type.

2. Would it be possible to have an option whereby landscape mode is available in all views? At present it seems to be only when actually entering data in a field, and when I save the record it reverts to portrait mode, so I have to turn the device upright to select the next field and then on its side to enter data. This becomes a little irritating after a while!

3. Could we have a Heading field type that doesn’t take any data, only a field name, that simply separates sections of a form to make it easier to find a particular field if there are many?

Many thanks for a great app!

February 15, 2011 at 8:15 PM #4416

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Fontana,

Those are great suggestions. I chose to make the record edit view and list view portrait mode only because they didn’t look very good in landscape mode. Plus I had a bunch of other cosmetic glitches when I allowed rotating like that.

I’ll look into the Note field scrolling bug.

I really want to add the ability to section off the record edit screen into groups with a label, but have not had the time to implement that yet. But it’s definitely something I want to add.

Thanks!

Brendan

February 20, 2011 at 11:07 AM #4451

iK.vin
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for your speedy response on another post (Wow).

Thought I also tag along here to express my views about wishful features.

(1) two way sync between iPad, iPhone version (also Mac version later on?) on database so common data / forms / preferences across the account on all devices.

(2) (hope I can describe it properly) if 2 forms are linked with a common “key”, the ability to auto-populate the form as soon as the “key” is being typed in. Example: Form A is the “error code table” with 2 fields, “error code” and “error description”. Form B is “Action Report” with 3 fields, “error code”, “error description”, “action”. Form A and Form B are linked via the common key “error code”. Assume Form A is predifined and complete. Form B is what i use when i work in the field. If I typed an error code in Form B’s new record, I want the field “error description” in Form B to auto-populate so I can save time and jump straight to typing “action”. This helps me to fill in Form B quicker when I’m inputting data. I hope I make sense.

February 20, 2011 at 7:34 PM #4454

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

1. That’s on my to-do list.

2. I understand. I’ll keep it in mind, but I can’t make any promises I will have time to build that.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 26, 2011 at 11:03 AM #4468

iK.vin
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Just wanna say thank you for the awesome many-to-many and alarm update.

The many-to-many feature in a lot of sense already fulfils my wish for auto-populate.

Just wanna let you know this is awesome.

Big thank you once again.

Kevin.

February 27, 2011 at 2:28 AM #4472

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

Thanks so much!

Brendan

March 24, 2011 at 11:38 PM #4524

tommyaustralia
    Participant

Rather than just using the build in web server to transfer files — could the web server be used to replicate the entire tap forms interface? e.g. I can access Tap Forms from a browser on my desktop PC to quickly add things using my computer’s keyboard?

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.