Sudden crashes

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Tosh Brice
    Participant

I migrated last night from v3.x for Mac to the latest version for Mac (we have since exchanged emails about search-as-you-type). Today i added the latest version for iOS and everything including iCloud syncing seemed to work well, until…

Having spent much of the day entering and checking data in my migrated CD+LP database, I had a ‘brilliant’ idea for reducing the number of separate forms needed (in order to avoid near-duplication of the records), by adding an extra “one to many” field in parallel with a “many-to-many” field, using records from one form for two different purposes in another form (records from the “artists” form in the “leader / band” and “personnel” fields in the “albums” form). It didn’t work out because of formatting so I deleted the new field.

Then the program crashed. I tried a few times and it kept crashing on open.
    so I went back to the last backup in case I had corrupted something with the parallel links; and then the backup before that. Both backups were from before I changed the form. The program still crashes on open.

I attach a Pages file with a copy of the latest Mac error report.

Should I reinstall the program?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 10, 2017 at 7:21 PM #23696

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tosh,

I’ve seen something like this before. Some sort of bad data in the database that’s tripping up Tap Forms.

valueForUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key date.

If you email me your most recent file I can investigate and probably fix it for you and send it back.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 11, 2017 at 1:07 PM #23700

Tosh Brice
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    I did send you the latest database by email but I have since uninstalled and re-installed the program, and opened the last backup and it seems to be stable, so you need not spend any more time on this.
    Many thanks for your prompt help.
    Tosh

July 11, 2017 at 3:05 PM #23703

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tosh,

Thanks for updating me on this. I believe I read that email after I had already sent you a fixed version of the file anyway. But I’m glad you got back in business before that.

The next update I’m working on has a fix for the issue that caused the crash anyway.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.